Are you thinking of selling your house? You may be wondering when is the best time of the year to do so. The real estate market can be pretty unpredictable. However, thanks to information gathered over the years; you can now get a clear picture of how home sales and purchases may vary according to each season’s demands.
In this blog, we’ve put together some useful information about how the real estate market behaves according to each season and which is the best time to put your house for sale.
Sales Heat Up During The Summer!
Summer is a very popular season to sell your home. Here’s why:
- Buyers Are Motivated: All those house hunters who missed house sales during the spring season will have the urge to find a house before the school year starts in the fall. Most of them also feel the need to lock something down before the winter holidays begin.
- It’s Convenient For Families: Most moving-out plans occur between Memorial Day and Labor Day because it’s convenient for families with children to not have to plan around school days and activities. Also, summer weather is very predictable, especially in St.Louis, so that weather hazards won’t be an issue.
Keep in mind that with summer being such a popular season to sell and purchase, it tends to saturate the market with different offers and will make it harder for your house to sell immediately because of all the competition.
The Market Freezes During The Winter
Like the weather, sales tend to get cold during the winter, and it becomes the less ideal season to sell your house. Here are some reasons why:
- Houses are less appealing: Winter brings dead vegetation, icy driveways, and snowy floors. These things make a house look less appealing for buyers. You would have to spend a significant amount of time and money to fix any leaks, shovel your driveway, and improve the overall appearance of your home.
- There are no bidding wars: Fewer buyers are interested in purchasing a home, which means you’ll get fewer offers, losing the chance to get the highest price possible for your property.
- Families avoid moving: Families are the best real estate buyers. However, the winter season means busy school days for children and no time for moving out.
Sales Are Blooming In Spring!
Spring is the “sell my house” season! With the school year coming to an end and the weather warming up, buyers are ready to make a big purchase. Here are the advantages you’ll get:
- You can ask for more money: During this season, you’re able to maximize your selling price and make more money out of your property. According to The Mortgage Reports, most Americans who sell their home during May can expect to sell it “18.5 days faster than any other month and for 5.9 percent more money.”
- Much more buyers: Many homebuyers begin their search during the spring, especially because there are many more offers available. Families with children also find it very easy to move during spring break.
- Better weather: During spring, you won’t have to deal with heat or snowstorms. The weather is just perfect for completing the whole moving process nicely.
Sales Cool Off In The Fall
Autumn is the season for new beginnings, so many homebuyers tend to look for properties. The demand is not as high as in summer or spring, but you can get a good sale if you play your cards well. Here’s what happens:
- Lowering your listing price: The housing market tends to cool off during the fall. The drop in demand often means you’ll have to lower the price if you want to sell before the winter holidays begin. You won’t be able to maximize your selling price either.
- Weather is pleasant: The pleasant fall weather makes it perfect for people to move out without any issue.
Sell Your House At Anytime With Quick Home Buyers
Are you willing to wait until summer or spring to sell your house at a fair price? Or do you want to receive cash for your house in two weeks or less? With Velocity Home Buyers, it’s possible!
We are quick homebuyers who are more than willing to make you an offer for your property in 24 hours or less! We don’t care about seasonal selling statistics; all we want is to buy your home for the best cash offer you can get.
There’s no need to wait for the perfect time of the year. At Velocity Home Buyers every day is the perfect one to sell!